Self-Pay Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Initial visit with Dr. Metz (Fellowship trained Center of Excellence Bariatric Surgeon) $250.00
- Hospital/Surgery Center Charges (JCAHO accredited facility) $7,000.00
- Surgeon’s fee $5,129.99
- Surgical Assistant’s fee $350.00
- Anesthesia $800.00
- Pathology $80.00 – $220.00 (average cost is $80.00)
- Mental Health Evaluation $100.00
- 4 visits with Dietitian (2 pre and 2 post op) $270.00
- 90 days of post-op follow up with surgeon(included in surgeon fee)
- Completion of FMLA/STD paperwork $20.00
Additional fees may apply for the following:
- Preoperative laboratories and testing
- Greater than 23 hour stay in hospital/surgery center
- Need for consultation with other providers (i.e. Cardiologist, pulmonologist, respiratory therapist)
- Unforeseen post-operative testing (i.e. chest x-ray, barium swallow)
Full Payment must be received 2 weeks prior to date of surgery. Not all patients are candidates for bariatric surgery in the surgery center. Please discuss potential disqualifying factors with Dr. Metz’s office prior to scheduling.
Initial visit with Dr. Metz is $250.00, non-refundable, and due at time of consultation.
*Price is subject to change at any time.