Fast Track/Out of Town Program
When you are ready to change your life
– you want it to happen fast!
Bariatric & Aesthetic Surgery Associates offers a Fast Track program for our approved patients. This means that you may be able to have surgery within 30 days of your decision to pursue surgical weight loss.
Important Information for Fast Track Surgery patients
Prior to any surgery, it is important that you have lab work and an EKG completed, as well as clearances from a dietitian and if applicable, a mental health professional. (See pre-op instructions.)
In addition, a physical must have been performed within the last 6 months. If you have experienced any changes to your health since your last physical, please inform us. Per the American Heart Association guidelines, patients over 50 years of age will need cardiac clearance performed within 6-12 months of surgery. For more information, please read our pre-op instructions.
Patients who may qualify for the FAST TRACK program will generally need to meet medical criteria and finance their surgical costs.
Medical criteria includes:
- PREAPPROVED. If you are already approved through your health insurance provider and have a written pre-approval (after a workup from another practice).
- CASH PAY OPTION. If you are going to pay for surgery ‘out of pocket’ or planning on having the procedure financed, we can help guide and expedite you through the process.
- The qualified patient meets the criteria for surgery set forth by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS).
- The 30 day FAST TRACK process starts after your initial office visit.
- If you meet the above criteria and are ready to make the next step toward surgical weight loss, call or email us and we will get you started on our FAST TRACK PROGRAM!
Patients who are excluded from the FAST TRACK PROGRAM:
- Do not meet criteria for surgery set forth by the ASBS.
- Have an insurance carrier that requires a preoperative diet program, which has not yet been completed.
- Patients requiring prolonged preoperative workups and consultations for significant co-morbid conditions.
If you don’t qualify for our FAST TRACK PROGRAM you may still be an excellent candidate for surgery. Most patients will require a more prolonged workup to make sure they are ready to proceed with a surgical weight loss procedure. Be patient! We will help you every step of the way!
Bariatric & Aesthetic Surgery Associates accepts most health insurance plans, including Medicare.
Important Information Regarding Insurance
When preparing for bariatric surgery, it is important to understand the requirements and benefits of your individual insurance plan. Please check your plan specifically for Bariatric Benefits. Do not ask if they cover a certain procedure, just whether they cover weight loss surgery.
We offer highly competitive self pay rates for LapBand®, Gastric Bypass and Sleeve procedures. Please learn more about our low self pay rates for the following procedures, or contact our office at (720) 851-1610.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Did you know? Bariatric surgery IS tax deductible, which can have a big impact on the total cost of your surgery.
The official IRS rules state that you’re allowed to deduct medical expenses as long as the costs are higher than 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.
Throughout the United States, tax subsidies reduce medical costs for the non-elderly by over $208 billion annually.
In order to receive the deductions, you’ll need to complete Schedule A of the IRS Form 1040. You’ll also need to save your medical bills and payment statements as proof. Note that any reimbursed amounts (such as the amount that insurance paid) cannot be included.
Please consult with a tax specialist.